Hey there! In my last post I mentioned watermelon Margaritas, so of course I have to share the recipe! Whenever Austin and I go to Longhorn Steakhouse, he always gets a watermelon margarita, so I decided to make it myself. It was super refreshing and hardly took any time at all with my Nutribullet.
These are refreshing for a summer’s day, and since you’re making the mix yourself you can control the alcohol and sugar levels.
- 1 1/2- 2 cups of watermelon chunks
- 1/2 lime
- 1-2 Tbsp granulated sugar, or your favorite sweetener
- 2 shots of tequila
- 1 1/2 cups of ice
- Wrap the watermelon in the middle of a cheese cloth or clean kitchen rag, and squeeze it out above a bowl. This will get out all of the watermelon juice without the pulp or seeds.
- Pour the juice into your blender
- Add the sugar, lime juice, tequila, and ice.
- Blend until icy and smooth.
- Pour into a salt or sugar rimmed margarita glass and add a watermelon chunk for garnish.