Soup is one of the greatest gifts to the food world, in my humble opinion. When I was a little girl, if you asked me what my favorite restaurant was, I’d eagerly tell you “Soup Plantation.” Soup Plantation, now Sweet Tomatoes, was one of the most lovely buffets that my young self ever set eyes on. With an array of soups and an endless supply of bowls, the choices were limitless. Plus, they had the best rolls and sweet butter a girl could ever ask for. Thanks to Soup Plantation, my love of soup has only gotten stronger as I’ve grown up, and the recipe I’m sharing today is one of my all-time favorite soups.
Zuppa Toscana is an Olive Garden specialty that I love to dip my bread sticks into. It’s just so savory and delicious! But what happens when you want to have this soup for lunches or dinners without having to rack up your “out-to-eat” budget for the month? You make your own rendition in the Instant Pot! And by gosh, it’s gotta be just as good, if not better than Olive Garden’s.
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 lb ground mild turkey sausage
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes and Onions
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 handfuls of chopped Kale
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your instant pot on Saute mode and heat the oil/butter
- Add your ground turkey sausage and cook until browned
- Pour in the bag of potatoes and onions, chicken stock, and red pepper flakes
- Close & lock lid and turn on Manual mode for 30 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, instant release the pressure until the steam stops.
- In a bowl, mix flour and heavy cream and then pour into your Instant Pot.
- Add in your handfuls of kale, and on warm mode, cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bread sticks for a full Olive Garden Experience! 🙂