This post isn’t about cooking, but it still involves chocolate which is just as good, right? 🙂
So, I do a lot of browsing through Pinterest, and something that I’ve come across lately is posts about wellness baskets. As someone who struggles with anxiety and depression, I think personal wellness is so important. Sometimes we all need to take a step back from our busy lives and just take some time for ourselves. I found an article that discusses why wellness matters, and I think it’s so important to share:
“Wellness matters because everything we do and every emotion we feel relates to our well-being. In turn, our well-being directly affects our actions and emotions. It’s an ongoing circle. Therefore, it is important for everyone to achieve optimal wellness in order to subdue stress, reduce the risk of illness and ensure positive interactions,” (UCDavis).
So how do we work on personal wellness? An article posted by Ferris State University shares that some of the ways to practice self-wellness are to:
1. Give yourself permission to put yourself first.
2. Make the time to take care of yourself.
3. Give Yourself Permission to Do It Alone and Do It With Others
4. Create an action plan.
I think that having a wellness basket on hand is a small step in the right direction because it allows you to have items readily available that will provide some comfort for you when you need some time to yourself.
The best part? They’re super easy to put together, and shopping for items you like definitely counts as retail therapy!
For my wellness basket, I just went to Walmart after work one day and browsed the isles for some things I liked. I had a general game plan of what I wanted, and my basket quickly filled with little goodies. All together, I spent $35. Not too bad for many items that can be reused over and over again!
Here’s what I have in my basket:
- A soft blanket – soft blankets are one of my favorite things. They provide some sensory relief from anxiety for me, and make me feel very cozy!
- Face masks- for when you need to de-stress your pores.
- An adult coloring book and set of colored pencils- Coloring seems to be a common stress reliever among the Pinterest community.
- Rafaello Chocolates- These are my all time favorite so these can definitely be interchanged for your favorite candy.
- Bergamot Essential Oil- It says “Uplifting” on it and just smells so nice.
- Aloe Infused Fuzzy socks- Again, I like just about anything that’s like a cat- fuzzy, warm and soft.
- Pretty mug with various hot cocoa packets.
That’s all I could fit for now, but these items can always be changed out, which is what makes it fun.
Remember, in this busy life, to take a step back and make sure you’re taken care of. Self-care comes in many forms, and if you think a wellness basket will help you feel good then I encourage you to make one.
And if you do, leave some of your ideas in the comments! 🙂
Thanks for reading!